Home / Campus Life / Pop Addict: Lil Wayne and Birdman seperate; Blink-182 Breakup

Pop Addict: Lil Wayne and Birdman seperate; Blink-182 Breakup

Photo Illustration: Kayla Stroud/THE SPECTATOR

Written by Kayla Stroud, Web Editor

Lil Wayne Files for Divorce

San Francisco Giants take on the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 2 of the National League Championship Series

Apparently being the “best rapper alive” isn’t enough to keep Lil Wayne from being wrapped up in legal disputes. Trouble seems to be brewing in the Cash Money family as Mr. Carter is suing the Bird for $51 million to be released from his Cash Money contract. He has made it known in the deal that he feels Bird is withholding millions from him. No word on who receives custody of Drake.

Blink 182 Nasty Split

Members of Blink-182 announced earlier this week that they’re splitting up. And it got ugly quick. Mark Hoppus and drummer Travis Barker are going public, blasting their dislike for guitarist Thomas DeLonge, stating that he is “ungrateful, disingenuous.” Which led to DeLonge hopping on Twitter to give his side of the story. The breakup keeps getting messier as the days pass.

MBR
Howard Stern launches his new satellite radio show on Sirius in Manhattan, New York, Monday, January 9, 2006. (Corey Sipkin/New York Daily News/KRT)

Smith vs. Stern

Howard Stern went on a rant about British singer Sam Smith, calling him “fat” and “ugly” during his SiriusXM show earlier this week. Smith took the high road and went to Twitter to “Ignore” him. A future passive aggressive song should be expected within the next few weeks.

Nick Cannon speaks at a Bi-Partisan Privacy Caucus briefing on Child privacy protection  - DC
Nick Cannon speaks at a Bi-Partisan Privacy Caucus briefing on Child privacy protection – DC

Nick Cannon Would Like A Cut

Mariah Carey’s former umbrella holder, Nick Canon has made it a point to be a mess a put his and Carey’s business out in the media. According to reports, Cannon said that he is the sole reason for Carey’s new Vegas residency. In his mind, this leaves him to believe that he deserves a cut of the money.

2 Chainz Runs for Mayor

In what is clearly not a publicity stunt, rapper 2 Chainz said in an interview with XXL that he wanted to run for mayor of College Park. Do I really think he’d actually run for mayor? No. Would I vote for him if he did? Yes, yes I would. Why? I have no clue.

Former Idol Winner Wants Out

Phillip Phillips is suing American Idol to get out of his “oppressive, fatally conflicted” contract. In his suit, Phillip squared has made claims of mistreatment and low pay.

Rihanna performs at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, on Sunday, February 10, 2013. (Robert Gauthier/Los Angeles Times/MCT)
Rihanna performs at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, on Sunday, February 10, 2013. (Robert Gauthier/Los Angeles Times/MCT))

Rihanna’s New Song

After several years wait, Rihanna has finally, FINALLY come out with new music. She posted a link to her new song, FourFiveSeconds, featuring Paul McCartney and Kanye West on her official website earlier this week. It received a mixed reaction. The sound is much different from her usual stuff. The trio are scheduled to perform at the 2015 Grammys Awards.

Cyrus and Boyfriend self-medicate

Miley Cyrus and her boyfriend, Patrick Schwarzenegger were seen smoking joints. It’s not considered to be that big of a deal nowadays, but maybe Patrick should tell his parents, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver, that Miley has cataracts.

Counseling Center helps students with final exam stress

Final exams are approaching, which means this is when most students put in the slightest ...