Home / Campus Life / Give a ‘duck’; get a photo in return

Give a ‘duck’; get a photo in return

Written by: Kailee Kivett, Staff Writer

DigDuck is a new free social media app that allows users to censor a picture before sending it. The receiver can then choose to use their ducks, which is the payment method, to unlock the rest of the picture. The app also uses the person’s location to show public pictures from others in the same area.

Users start off with 100 free ducks and the default price to unlock pictures is 5 ducks. There are purchasing packages that allow users to buy 100 ducks for $0.99, 200 for $1.99, and even 500 for $2.99.

However, the creators of the app added an alternative to help encourage users to send their own pictures. When users create and send a censored picture to the public or to a friend, they can choose to set what price is needed to unlock that picture. If the price is 5 ducks, then every time someone unlocks the picture, the person who created the message gets those 5 ducks.

The app is available for both Apple and Android users. To sign up for DigDuck, the user just has to enter his or her phone number. This allows the app to show which people from that person’s contacts also have DigDuck.

Although the app is not well-known yet, it may very well be on its way. The censoring feature gives a fun and mysterious element to sending pictures to friends. Creative Manager of the app, Ulrik Jensen, claims that there will soon be a video feature added.

VSUPD Crime Blotter: Collisions and Collapses

Collision in Hopper Circle On Monday, March 25, at 9:49 a.m., Officer Kenny McDonald with ...