Home / Campus Life / Pop Addict: Leonard Nimoy dies; Brown fathers child

Pop Addict: Leonard Nimoy dies; Brown fathers child

Written by Kayla Stroud, Web Editor

Chris Brown is with child
Chris Brown’s life continues to be a circus. According to TMZ, it has come out that the R&B star has been keeping a 9-month-old kid on the down low—a child that he had with a woman who isn’t his girlfriend. Which when you think of the song that he released a couple months back….yeah.

Brown had the child with a 31-year-old former model, who he has apparently known for years. Brown’s girlfriend, Karrueche Tran, is said to have been in the dark and was blindsided with the news and broke it off with the singer for the 68th time upon finding out (we’ll see if that actually holds). It has also been discovered in photographic evidence that Tran and the other woman had in fact met before.

Poor kid. I mean the actual kid, not Brown.

Kelly Osborne quits
Days following the “weed” hair uproar involving “Fashion Police” co-host Giuliana Rancic and Disney star Zendaya Coleman, a person is out of a job. Surprisingly it wasn’t Rancic, who has dealt with her share of controversy. Her co-host Kelly Osborne has decided to up and quit the E! show.

In what I am sure is not a case of “quitting, before you’re fired,” Osborne spontaneously left after going on a Twitter rant about being linked to the controversy that she felt didn’t involve her.

It’s speculated that Khloe Kardashian is going to replace Osborne.

Leonard Nimoy dies
Leonard Nimoy passed away Friday night. According to People, the actor had succumbed to a long battle with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The actor who famously played Spock in “Star Trek” passed away at his Los Angeles home.

He was 83 years old.

The day the internet stood still
The Internet was an interesting thing last Friday. It turned into a mess after a series of hilarious events happened throughout the day.

First, live helicopter footage captured two llamas escaping from an Arizona zoo that led police on a wild chase through the streets. Followed by a weird story involving a house being stolen (not a mobile home but a literal HOUSE). The culprit is still on the loose.

“The Dress” happened. We all heard about that hideous dress that no one could shut up about. Was it blue and black or was it white and gold? Who knows, but social media was a buzz. Yeah, Friday was fun.

Rihanna and Leonardo share the same air space
After months of tales of fan fiction from the media involving the Oscarless wonder Leonardo DiCaprio and singer Rihanna, there is actual photographic evidence of the two in the same vicinity. In the photo, Rihanna can be seen casually lighting a blunt while DiCaprio stares longingly at the floor.

True Luv.

Wiz needs to stop
Wiz can’t seem to keep his exes name out of his mouth. Or rather, he can’t sell his music without stirring up unnecessary drama with the mother of his kid. Yet another song has been released where Mr. Wiz is featured bashing his estranged wife. According to TMZ, the rapper is trying to get custody of their son. Something tells me that the way he’s going about the whole ordeal isn’t going to work in his favor.

VSUPD Crime Blotter: Collisions and Collapses

Collision in Hopper Circle On Monday, March 25, at 9:49 a.m., Officer Kenny McDonald with ...