Home / Campus Life / Run Blazers! Run!

Run Blazers! Run!

Photo Illustration: Kayla Stroud/SPECTATOR

Written by Stuart Price, Staff Writer

VSU Campus Wellness and the city of Valdosta will host the 10th annual 5K Blazer Dash and 2nd annual Youth Splash this Saturday, August 29th at 7 a.m.  The participants will meet in front of the VSU Recreational Center and follow a course through the nearby streets. The event is open to all VSU students, staff, and faculty as well as the community of Valdosta.

Registration for the race is $20 any time before the event, but it is $25 the day of the event.  This price includes a t-shirt. However, if you want to claim the title of a “ghost runner,” you can buy the shirts without participating in the event for $15. There are also group discounts available. If you register with ten or more people, registration is just $15 each.  Students can register for the 5K Blazer Dash in the University Center or online.

“We’re really hoping to open up and connect the VSU community and the community of Valdosta, and we think this will be a great way to do that,” Grace Delacruz, board member of the Blazer Dash said.

VSU has collaborated with local companies such as Blanton Commons, Chick- fil-A, and Barberito’s to host the 10th annual 5K Blazer Dash. Awards will be given to the overall male and female winners and the top three male and female finishers. Youth Splash participants will receive ribbons, and an award will be given to the overall male and female winners.

Red Alert! VSU free speech in danger

VSU has earned a “red light” rating from the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression, ...