Home / News / The big question: Will enough students pay to see 2 Chainz?

The big question: Will enough students pay to see 2 Chainz?

Photo Courtesy of Wikipedia

Written by Tiarra Bell, Staff Writer

Tomorrow, 2 Chainz will grace the stage at Valdosta State University’s PE Complex. Special guests include Ray Jr., KBM, Cap 1, and Skooly. The concert will take place at 8 p.m., but doors will open at 5 p.m. with tunes from DJ Krillz.

Admission is $20 for currently enrolled VSU students with a valid ID. Tickets are for sale at the Office of Student Life which is located on the 3rd floor of the Student Union from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Admission is $50 for the public and tickets can be purchased online at www.VSUConcert.com and are limited to four per person.

All tickets are general admission and there are a total of 6,300 tickets available. 3,300 tickets are for students and 3,000 are for the general public.

“Valdosta State is committed to providing a great campus experience for our students,” said Dr. Cecil P. Staton, interim president of VSU. “We are pleased to announce the 2016 spring concert with 2Chainz and look forward to a new tradition of bringing significant artists to campus that our students will enjoy.”

2 Chainz is well known for albums such as “Based on a T.R.U. Story” and “B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time and BC (Before Chainz)” and was born in College Park, Ga. According to aceshowbiz.com, he has won 4 BET Hip Hop Awards and has been nominated for over 10.

2 Chainz’s third studio album titled “ColleGrove” was released on March 4 and has been the No. 2 spot on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and the No. 4 spot on the Billboard 200 chart, according to BallIsLife.com. This album is a collaborative project, with Lil Wayne featured on eight of the 13 tracks.

VSU Opera presents “Opera After Dark: Vibrant Voices”

On April 4, VSU’s Department of Music hosted its Opera After Dark show “Vibrant Voices,” ...