Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken
Being a college student means you don’t have a lot of time to spare, especially when it comes to cooking. A slow cooker is a great investment for students who enjoy the taste of a home cooked meal without all the the hassle. Below is a recipe for mouth-watering slow cooker BBQ pulled chicken.
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Favourite BBQ Sauce
- Rinse and score chicken breasts using a sharp knife.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and place in slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, add BBQ sauce, brown sugar and hot sauce together.
- Pour BBQ mixture into slow cooker over chicken
- Set cooker to HIGH heat. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Once finished cooking, remove BBQ covered chicken breasts from cooker and shred with two forks.
- Allow chicken to recover by cooking shredded meat in sauce for 10-15 minutes, to soak up excess sauce.
Side note: I toasted two pieces of Texas Toast and made a sandwich using the pulled chicken!
Recipe and photo by Erin Turner, Staff Writer.
For more Campus Life stories, click here.