Home / Campus Life / Appily ever appter

Appily ever appter

Written by Julia Rodriquez, Staff Writer

Sometimes it can feel like, as a college student, you are constantly starving, broke, or both; now there’s an app for that.

Even if you aren’t always hungry or broke, an app that can help you get free food or manage your finances can be your best friend.

Money seems to leave faster than it comes, even if you don’t think that you are spending very much. Having a budget can solve many money issues.  Apps like You Need a Budget, GoodBudget, BillGuard, and Pocket Expense, can give your bank account some relief.  With these apps, you can see where your money is going and better your poor spending habits.

Once you have a handle on your spending, you might find that you suddenly have enough for the things that you really need, like food.  If you find that you still don’t have enough to feed yourself, the app University Lunch Box allows you to find free food on or near your campus.  In addition to that, there are apps like The Coupons, Retail Me Not, and Groupon that can get you discounts at restaurants, grocery stores, or really anywhere.

After you’ve been fed, you may be looking for some entertainment.  The previously mentioned apps are good for more than just food. They are also great for getting discounts at a variety of places where you can have fun without breaking the bank.  Groupon, specifically, can get deals on tickets to amusement parks, mini golf and almost anything that you can think of.  Other apps such as Viggle, allow you to get movies, shows and music, simply by watching your favorite movies and shows and listening to music.

Of course, you can’t ignore the fact that you might want to go shopping once in a while.  Whether you need clothes, electronics, or something else, make sure that you are being a smart shopper.  Some of the apps mentioned above can help you find the best deals, as well as apps like Shopular Coupons, Krazy Coupon Lady and ShopSavvy Barcode Scanner.

Being a college student does not mean that you can’t have nice things.  There are plenty of tools and apps for you to use to get free stuff and deals on your favorite items.  Making a budget and using coupons are just a few things that you can master now and use for the rest of your life.

VPD creates summer program for area young people

The Valdosta Police Department (VPD) has announced a new youth program. Stand Against Youth Violence ...